Seven tips to help bring pollinators to your yard and community!
- Plant flowers and plants that pollinators love to stop for! It’s easy when you add some of these 21 new varieties highlighted above.
- It doesn’t matter the size your garden is from containers, hanging baskets to backyards, pollinators will love you for it!
- Plant for continuous bloom throughout the growing season from spring to fall.
- If possible, plant in clusters to create a “target’ for pollinators to find easily.
- Give your pollinators a home to stay in. Install bee homes, leave some bare ground for nests, keep brush piles, and add caterpillar host plants.
- Eliminate the use of pesticides and insecticides in your garden
- Register your garden and Bee Counted at the Million Pollinator Garden Challenge.
Source: National Garden Bureau, ngb.org